The New York Center for Community Excellence achieves its purpose by promoting access to nutrition, education, community development and economic growth in the following ways:
Through its Food Program:
- By providing education, training and workshops on health and nutrition.
- By direct reimbursement to group and group family day care programs for providing meals and snacks to children in their care.
- By distributing food to under-served populations and communities.
Through its Excellence in Education and Training Program:
- By providing access to quality day care and after school programs.
- By promoting access to vocational education and training, skill building, mentoring, internships and post secondary education in conjunction with S.T.E.M.
- By increasing access to entrepreneurial training, financial literacy and technical assistance.
Through its Community Development Initiative:
- By increasing access to affordable housing
- By promoting home ownership
- By increasing access to counseling and financial services.
Through its Economic Development Initiative:
- By promoting access to jobs and job creation.
- By increasing access to entrepreneurial training, financial literacy, technical assistance, and business development
Through its Information and Referral Program:
- By providing access to organizations, public and private, that addresses the immediate need of individuals, children and families in the New York Metropolitan area.
- By increasing access to organizations, public and private, that provides long term assistance to under-served and distressed communities.
Through its Community Partnerships Initiative:
- By cultivating partnerships with people and organizations, public and private, in order to achieve measurable outcomes that will strengthen and build New York’s Metropolitan area.